Reporting directly to the District Sales Manager this position loads and unloads product both by hand and with the use of hand trucks or other devices for placement within accounts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly stands; walks, uses hands and fingers to handle product, and feel objects. The merchandiser will be on their feet much of the day moving product, continuously uses hand strength to grasp product and hand trucks, and is frequently bending, twisting at the neck and trunk more than the average person in performing the duties of this job.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stocking shelves and building displays using proper rotation techniques to ensure product freshness.
- Remove any Out-Of-Code or damaged packages from shelves or displays.
- Follow the stores procedures to dispose of all empty cardboard cases and paper wrap.
- Orderly and proper rotation of company products, maintain back room space and ensure accurate pricing of product.
- Re-pack product as necessary or directed.
- Backroom inventory organization.
- Ensure Point of Contact Material is placed on shelves and displays.
- Maintain a timely and accurate call schedule.
- Establish and maintain a rapport with customers.
- Responsible to fill and properly face all company brands/packages on cooler shelf, dry shelf and displays.
- Merchandisers are required to wear clean neatly pressed uniform daily and comply with company appearance policy.
- Responsible to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with District Sales Manager or Sales Representative regarding route adjustments, emergencies, extended hours or additional assignments.
- Responsible to have available and supply Point of Contact Materials for merchandising product.
- Responsible to assist with cooler resets and comply with instruction from Sales Representatives,
- Ability to work a five-day schedule that includes early mornings. (4,5 AM start times)
- Other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to sustain physical work ethic in a fast-paced work environment and meet the defined physical activities. (Lifting, bending, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.)
- Ability to meet work-load requirements with timely efficiency.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Availability to work a five-day schedule that includes early am starts.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
- Administrative/Driving 20%
- Walking, Bending, Lifting and Twisting 80%
- The ability to lift products weighing up to 50 pounds multiple times within the day.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 388-6823 for assistance with an accommodation.
Southern Eagle is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.