Reporting directly to the Service Manager this position requires working with others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately to safely deliver product to customer accounts. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This position is responsible for covering routes in relief. When not covering a route this position is training with route drivers.
Normal Hours of Work: 50 to 60 hours average per week
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides continuous, courteous and professional customer service to customers, store personnel, and store customers.
- Responsible for accurate inventory and daily check-up procedures.
- Complete deliveries in timely manner and ensure accuracy of billing to customers.
- Comply with all driving safety and State law regulations.
- Maintain clean and serviceable vehicle.
- Follow the stores procedures to dispose of all empty cardboard cases and paper wrap.
- Re-pack product as responsible or directed.
- Drivers are required to wear clean neatly pressed uniform daily and comply with company appearance policy.
- Responsible to communicate in an effective and timely manner with Service Manager regarding route adjustments, emergencies, extended hours or additional assignments.
- Communicate with Pre Sales Representative to service store accounts within workload requirements.
- Ability to work a schedule that includes early mornings. (3:00am – 5:00 AM start times)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection.
- Fuel delivery vehicles & trucks to maintain adequate fluid levels
- Forklift Certified Pallet Jack Certified
- Other duties assigned.
- Exceptional customer service and satisfaction is a priority.
- Ability to accurately complete all required paperwork, accounting and documentation. Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to work in a friendly manner as part of a team and to develop effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and their staff.
- Comply with company policies, procedures and all applicable laws.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to be punctual in meeting route scheduling and attention to detail.
- Integrity of word and action.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Sitting 30%
- Walking, Bending, Lifting, Kneeling, and Twisting 70%
- The ability to lift products weighing up to 50 pounds multiple times within the day. The ability to operate a variety of hand operated equipment.
- High School graduate, additional education preferred
- Valid CDL-A Driver’s License
- Good driving record
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact email@example.com or (843) 388-6823 for assistance with an accommodation.
Southern Eagle is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.