Supervises 5+ Warehouse personnel and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies nightly attendance and duties of production personnel.
- Changes inventory locations as needed to provide sufficient space for proper storage.
- Summons emergency services, i.e. ambulance, or fire department, in the event such services are needed.
- Supervises safe and proper picking/filling of customer orders to complete loading of delivery trucks. Minimizes the potential for product breakage and personnel injury.
- Ensures the safe and secure operation of the docking and reassignment of delivery vehicles.
- Supervises the warehouse personnel and contracted labor engaged in the picking and operations of equipment ensuring that all are properly trained at tasks assigned.
- Ensures activities are conducted in compliance with federal, state, county, and local statutes and insurance regulations concerning safety are met. Includes documentation, accounting and control of equipment, product and paperwork.
Education and/or Experience
High school education; 2-3 years previous warehouse experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact email@example.com or (843) 388-6823 for assistance with an accommodation.
Southern Eagle Distributing is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.